Sunday, April 11, 2010

New Determination...

I am inspired....determined actually, to make a toothbrush rug. I need a rug for my living room, which is an odd shape (very long) and I am unwilling to pay an arm and a leg for a rug (can't afford the really pretty ones that I want, anyway!) So I have decided that I will make my own rug! I watched a number of "how to" videos tonight and think I have a good plan of attack. I went out to the store and bought a bunch of twin sized flat bed sheets that are the colors I want to use in my living room. I'm wondering if I will wipe them out on those...lol! Tomorrow I plan to start pulling the sheets into strips then I will start making my giant rug! Wish me luck! I will keep you posted on the progress. I'm sure we will have a tangled mess, but I already can't wait to see the finished product! I figure if this doesn't work, I'll have a good idea early enough and then I'll only be out the $20 I spent on the sheets, right?!

3 comments:

~Mr. Lavender D.~ said...

The rug sounds intriguing. Do they estimate how long it should take? Please post progress pix and maybe some instructions so the "crafting" types (NanaDiane) can learn with you.
PapaRon

Lynette Kenyon said...

I have no idea how long it will take. It took me 2 days to shred up 5 bedsheets! I just started the knots. The first strip has come together pretty quickly so far. We'll see how the rest goes! I will post some progress pictures as soon as I have something that looks like....something! LOL I learned how to do it by watching some how to videos! LOL

desi said...

This sounds very interesting, and I look forward to seeing pics of how it turns out! Good luck! :)