Saturday, June 4, 2011

Busy Bee...

...or as my friend called me, "Suzy Homemaker." I've been really busy sewing the past few days!

I have been on the hunt for new pajamas for Jaden. Everything he had was getting really small. As hot as he gets at night, I didn't want to get any pants, but that seemed to be all I could find. SO, I decided I would just make them. Here's the final results: (BTW, he's a ham)
And since I had my sewing machine out, I decided to finally finish a quilt that I had started making for Jaden back at the beginning of the year. This is no big deal, actually, since I have a quilt that has been unfinished for YEARS! LOL Anyway, I just finished it and thought I'd share pix of it, too. My boy loves puppies so that what I did! I had a little extra, so Cooper (our dog) may even end up with his very own mini quilt, but not today! Please pardon the bad pictures, these were taken with my phone.


I tied this quilt, which was a first, but it was so easy that I anticipate having at least 1 more soon!

So that's what I've been doing! Getting ready to have to start lots of work on flags for next year's marching show. Eventually I will add pictures from our trip to Disney World with the band, but not today. I think I'll spend the rest of the day relaxing with a glass of sweet tea!

3 comments:

desi said...

Those are cute little jammie sets! (Im too lazy...I'd buy the pant sets, cut them, and hem them! LOL) And that little Ham is even cuter!! Pleeeze dont post the Disney pics just yet...It might spoil my anticipation!! LOL ;D

Lynette Kenyon said...

LOL, I guess having the extra time helped! When are y'all going? I'll wait until you're gone! HA

desi said...

LOL. Post the pics when you want/can....at this point, nothin' could spoil it for me!!!!!!! I just about nearly cry when I see a commercial on TV for WDW...I cant wait...23 more days....ugh!!!